Το ανοξείδωτο πέρασμα τύπου “HERMETIC” λύνει το πρόβλημα διέλευσης σωλήνων μέσω υδατοστεγών ή πυροστεγών τοιχωμάτων (Α60) ή μέσω τοιχωμάτων δεξαμενών πετρελαίου χωρίς την ανάγκη καθαρισμού (gas free) της δεξαμενής. Τα εν λόγω περάσματα έχουν ελεγχθεί και εγκριθεί από το standard fire test σύμφωνα με τον κανονισμό Α754(18) του ΙΜΟ και διατίθενται σε μεγέθη από Φ14 έως Φ273 mm διαμέτρου σωλήνας.
- Ψύξη μηχανημάτων με θαλασσινό νερό
- Συστήματα σωλήνων υδροσυλλεκτών (σεντίνες) και έρματος
- Συστήματα σωλήνων σε σεντίνες και σε δεξαμενές έρματος, πυρόσβεση και πλύσιμο καταστρωμάτων
- Σύστημα sprinkler
- Μονάδες αφαλάτωσης
- Δίκτυα vaccum
- Δίκτυα grey water
- Δίκτυα sea water
- Δίκτυα ζεστά-κρύα νερά
- Δίκτυα Βilge-Ballast
- Δίκτυα πετρελαίου
Δε θέλει κόλλημα, είναι μοναδικό βιδωτό
The patented Hermetic System allows to make in a a safe, fast and economic way the penetrations of pipes through watertight and fire-resisting divisions on board of ships and off-shore units of any and dimension.
Hermetic penetrations consist of three metalli disks that have a hole in the centre for their insertion onto the pipe which penetrates the structure. Disc A is equipped with an o-ring which makes the water seal in conjunction with the pipe, with a flat gasket that ensures the watertight in conjunction with the structure and with a gasket of intumescent material which expands, when affected by fire, sealing any gaps and making the penetration tight against fire.
The disk, when installed, are connected together by means of screws-which pass through the same hole cut for the pipe-making an assembly strong and absolutely hermetic The description given before clearly evidences the advantages of Hermetic penetrations in comparison with existing techniques:
- Penetrations are installed on board without any welding
- The same penetration can be used on structures of steel, light alloy or of any other material as well as with any type of pipe (i.e carbon steel, stainless steel, copper alloy, etc.) only providing they have the same outside diameter.
- Penetrations can be directly mounted on any section of the pipeline. Therefore is not necessary to fabricate separately the conventional penetrations-consisting of pipe spools-which are to be welded to the structure and coupled on both ends to the pipeline.
3. APPLICATIONS AND APPROVALS
Hermetic penetrations can be used on pipes passing through watertight decks and bulkheads (below the freeboard deck) as well as A-60 fire resisting divisions. The range of outside diameters of pipes for which Hermetic penetrations are available extends from 14mm up to 273mm. Their water tightness has been designed and tested to withstand a pressure of 100 meter water column, therefore they can be used on ships and off-shore units of any dimensions.
Hermetic penetrations have been approved for all the a.m applications by following Classification Societies:
- Lloyd’s Register of Shipping
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Det Norske Veritas
- Bureau Veritas
- Germanischer Lloyd
Certificates are available on request.
If required Approval Certificates of other Classification Societes can be obtained.
In the table of fig. 2, the material characteristics of penetration components are given.
Note: depending on thickness of deck or bulhhead to be penetrated, three different executions for each penetration are available i.e.
Esec. A for thickness from 4 up to 8 mm
Esec. B for thickness > 8 up to 14 mm
Esec. C for thickness >14 up to 20 mm
Esec. D for thickness > 6 up to 10 mm
Therefore, in the order , for each penetration the pipe diametre and type of execution are to be specified.
The installation of Hermetic penetrations is very swift and simple. The procedure is the following:
- Cut a hole in the structure having the diametre for the corresponding pipe size.
- Restore coating.
- Check that the penetration is suitable for the thickness of the bulkhead or deck on which is to be mounted.
- Install disks A and B, one on each side of the hole, and connect them together tightening the screws pre-assembled on disk A.
- Insert the pipe into the two disks checking beforehand that the pipe is not ovalised or dented, clean and free of burrs at the edge.
- Insert the o-ring onto the pipe and roll it up to the seat of disk A.
- Insert onto the pipe the disk C and connect it to disk A by means of pre-assembled screws 8×22. The length of these screws is the same for the four different executions (A, B, C, D) of penetrations. Never change these screws with those of the opposite disk.
- Tightening of screws should be possibly done with a torque wrench set at N * m.
Main advantages of the System are:
- Shorter installation time on board.
A conventional penetration needs for the installation to weld the outer sleeve or the intermediate flange on both sides of the structure and to couple its ends to the pipeline.
The hermetic penetration only requires to assemble the two disks and to tighten the srews in order to press the o-ring.
- Elimination of all problems caused by the welding process (deformation of structures, sputters on other fittings already installed, etc).
- Better quality of the product.
The pipe in the penetration area is not welded and therefore it maintains unchanged its mechanical characteristics and corrosion resistance.
- Simplified material management and higher flexibility in the use of the product.
- Reduction of the final costs.